Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

After many years we finally have a new sofa.

I really liked the old one and it didn't seem to be THAT old to me. But, it was worn out in many places, a good part due to our puppy who is now ten years old. What is it about dogs that causes the need to generally "dig a nest" before they lie down? Kobi also has a compulsion to rub his face all over the furniture after a bath or a particularly sloppy, wet drink of water. His face looks hilarious after that with hair poking out all over the place, let me tell you!

Julie did a good job in covering it up but the task was an ever-ending one. Once we decided to replace it, the old couch did look pretty sad and worn. We debated over a few different couches. All were leather except for the one we finally chose. It has a heavy ribbed brown and black fabric that feels durable. The cushions are quite firm. Leather seemed a bit cold to the touch and we were concerned about what Kobi might do to leather. We liked this brown one and it does look nice.

Our next projects will be the carpet and perhaps something to replace the recliners. The problem with replacing the carpet is that there are a few other projects that should be done before the carpet is changed. And then there IS the dog to consider. Kobi has been and is still a wonderful and loving companion. He is more important to us than our things but he does necessitate the delay of certain upgrades. As it is, you see the photo of the new couch? The photo with the rabbit on the floor in front? The couch doesn't look like that. It has a protective blanket over the seat cushions. Oh well.... ;o)
















10 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH!! You got a new couch for Christmas!! WHAT THE HECK happened to the old one?? How did Kobi ruin the top of it like that? lol- that is so funny that you had that part covered too! I LOVE the new one, it's so pretty! You must be so excited!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite a slip cover! Doesn't even look like the same couch anymore! Has Kobe been demoted to a floor dog? Is that why he's not ON the couch in the last pic?

    Congrats! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, the old one was getting just a little too ridiculous. The cover ups only looked "good" until they got sat on, then it would look like a mess until I fixed it all up again. I don't know if the fabric just got thinner and thinner and wore out, with a little help from Kobi (why can't dogs just jump up and lay down instead of scratching and spinning around?), but I hate to blame it all on him. It is an old couch, after all, we got it in 1991. I don't know about Kobi's demotion to floor dog, that is seeming to be a losing battle. I'll probably have to keep a blanket on it. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Oooh, what a nice couch! I really like it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the couch. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a DOG? Looks like a rabbit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really odd to come look at this blog for the first time and come here to offer my theories on your couch story...only to see that I have already posted. Now I have new theories. I could possibly be schizophrenic. Or someone kifed my login info and hence my blogger identity. Or perhaps I was logged on at JaNel's on New Years and someone else got on after me and commented on your blog. Either way, I wonder what else has been done in my name.

    PS I rehehealy love the pictures on the side over there. You two are so stinkin' cute, which explains the cuteness factor in your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS even if I had an alter identity I don't think I could bring myself to use that many exclamation marks in one short post. One line, 4 exclamations? I'm sure Vo had something to do with it. If I ever use 4 exclamations in one line it will be something more along the lines of...marriage or labor. I would guess. Probably not 'new couch'. As exciting as it is. And I hope you're loving it =o) (I was going to guess that Brad had a pocket knife in his pants when he took a nap. Or something.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I like that couch! nice choice. That pic of Brad holding up Ryan looks like Ryan holding up some baby. At least we know he'll still look good when he's Brad's age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. VeNicia is cracking me up. Love her!

    ReplyDelete