Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Anyone up for a game?

We have begun a new activity on Monday evenings. It may even become a traditional type thing. One Monday a little bit ago we were looking for something to do. I asked Jul if she knew how to play Cribbage. Now, I remember playing cribbage with her before but it had been a long, long time. She said no and honestly wasn't enthusiastic about playing but the board was dusted off and a deck of cards found. We have been having fun playing each week now for a few.

Our wittle activity seems to be more on her mind than mine I guess because after dinner she said: "Guess what tonight is!". I ran through the list of her sometimes usual Monday night activity; "Dancing with the Stars?", no. "The Bachelor?", no. "Ah, The Bachelorette?", no. "OHH! The finalle of The Biggest Loser?", no. What then, I asked. Cribbage! she exclaimed.

One day we'll be playing for serious (maybe not, she isn't the most competitive type) but for now we help find all of the counters. So far, I'm only one game ahead. Anyway, it is a fun way to spend an hour. Especially since I'm playing my bestest friend.

3 comments:

  1. Aww...that's so sweet! Sniff sniff...

    So did I get ALL of my competitiveness from you, Dad? Seems like I have an awful lot for it to be just from one parent...

    And the word I have to type in order to post this is "clumists". I kind of like it! I think I will deem it a real word and try and use it tomorrow. It's too late today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unsure of where you got your competitiveness Lindsay. You Lady are very competitive! As for me, I am not competitive, I just don't like to lose, much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We play cribbage all the time too! My dad had taught me once, then Ry reminded me how, and we play consistently. Though not as consistently as you. Ryan kicks my trash most of the time, but I'm getting better at adding up to 15, so hope is in sight. and I skunked him once which counts for 2 wins, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete