Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas and our house was very quiet indeed! This Christmas and the last are quite likely the most quiet we will have as next year there will be again the patter of little feet in our home for the holidays. We spent both with Julie's parents Don and Georgia without any of the other normal cast of characters. Julie and I went to Henry's for dinner on the 24th after a short day at work. My company has given us the 25th and 26th off too. So nice. I just love 4 day weekends. "Hmmm, today must be Saturday. NOPE! It is only Thursday!" "Hmmm, today sure feels like Saturday. NOPE! It is only Friday!" Yay! "Hmmm, today really does seem like it's Saturday. Yep, it's Saturday. Dang!"

We enjoyed a very nice day at the Rogers'es'sss'. We spoke to Kevin! Lindsay! and Ryan! I also was able to speak to my Mom and Dad. AND Julie spoke to her brother Steve. Eventually we got around to opening presents. We had the most delicious Georgia cooked prime rib dinner with new potatoes, broccoli and Julie's delectable rolls. After a rousing game of "Scene It! - SEINFELD" and a few slices of pumpkin pie with cream, we gathered up our things and Julie rolled me out of the door for home.

I am excited about all my presents! Everyone is so kind to me. I got some maroon sweats! (They are for lounging around at home like jammies. Julie says I can't go out wearing them in public. I told her I thought that is what old, fat people did with sweats- I am certainly NOT going to sweat in them! I am very disappointed.) I also got a new pair of slippers- sweet! AND...

look at this!








Oh yeah! Chewy, crunchy, scrumptious brownie edges all the time! Did you know that you can bake lasagna in this thing? I think I'm making brownies today. What? Hmmm? We have a trillion other fattening things to eat already? Good thing I have sweats!

5 comments:

  1. Scene It Seinfeld! That is so awesome! I can't wait to play!!

    And who gave you the brownie thingy? That is so perfect for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna play =oP

    Hey, that brownie thing is a middle-brownie-piece-lover's hell, I think you should know. I'm glad you got it and not me =o) Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you mean by "pitter patter of litle feet?" Do you mean Lindsay or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the most awful contraption ever conceived! I hate the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most awful contraption ever conceived! I hate the edge!

    ReplyDelete