Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hillside View



(Click on the photos to enlarge)

I went to a housing development on the Anchorage hillside a week or two ago. I was talking to a contractor about installing stone cladding on and in a multimillion dollar home up there. The view was fanstupolis so I took a few photos. I could see all the way from Mt. McKinley in the north clear down past Mt. Spur to Mt. Redoubt (both of which are active [at times] volcanoes) in the south. The Alaska Mountain Range was gorgeous as was the sun glistening on the waters of the Cook Inlet at low tide. Our world is so beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. wow!! McKinley looks huge! I don't think I've ever seen it that well from Anchorage! Are you going to stitch these photos together and make a panoramic? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fanstupolis? hm... I don't think that's a word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow WhistleBeak,
    You photography skill are fanstupolis (I mean that as a compliment).

    Now that Travis Stanton has retired we are looking for someone to take our family c-mas pic. You in???

    Maybe I'll just send you a few we like and you can photoshop us with a nice Tahitian background..But,Don't forget the Margaritas.

    ReplyDelete