Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Anniversary

November 29, 1978
November 29, 2008

Today is the thirty year anniversary of my baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 30 years! It was truly a "fork in the road" decision, which has led to everything good in my life today. Because of that decision I have a wonderful husband (of 28 years) and 3 children who have brought nothing but joy and happiness to me. I have a life with meaning and purpose, the association of so many outstanding people whom I never would've met without the church, a network of friends and loved ones, and an understanding of things bigger and more important than my little world around me. It is the biggest blessing in my life, along with my loving parents and my family. It's great to look back at a fork in the road, and know, without reservation, that I picked the right way. I'll always be grateful for all the happenings that led to that point in time, 30 years ago!

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful too! Thanks for being so amazing! (And I have at times brought you things OTHER than joy and happiness- don't be silly) =)

    PS. Whistlebeak? Sadbug? Where does he come up with these things??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay church! It sure is nice to have something in your life that you know is SURE to bring happy returns. I've experienced nothing but joy in the church too, even when joy was pain trying to figure out if it would bring joy or not. I love my life now and I owe it all to faithful parents (to each other and to god) and the church they raised me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And because of that decision you have been such an influence for good as a leader, teacher and friend! I miss those times when we were together. I always smile when I think of them. We had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! That was a fun surprise to see a comment from you on my blog! I don't really have it figured out--I hardly know how to cut and paste--I call my friend to ask her the simplest things. So, we'll see how long I last! I loved reading yours and the pics are beautiful. Brad is a photographer! I also had fun checking out some of the blogs you have on--your kids, etc. Man, how has everyone grown up so fast? Can't time slow down just a little? Well--at least once Kevin gets home, right?

    ReplyDelete