Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Winter To Me ...





... is SNOW! Currently we are having a snow storm and I AM LOVING IT! My humble opinion is that if it is going to be cold it better be snowing. I admit that I am a strange Alaska creature. I do not downhill or cross country ski. I can count on one hand the times I have been on a snow machine. I seldom fish and hunt less than that. Camping and bicycling are activities few and far in between. I'm not much into hiking. And climbing mountains? HA! I did that once, okay maybe three or four times, but once was enough. One might ask why do I live in Alaska?

Well... I do like snow!

I like the way it looks all clean and white. I like to drive in it all clean and white. I really, really like to watch it fall, all clean and white. Falling snow is magical. It makes me feel like cozy fireplaces and warm chocolate on a sledding hill. Alaska is a gorgeous land. It is home. And it snows here. Alaska is a great place to be.

4 comments:

  1. You're making me miss home! Is this all part of your little blogging plan?? =) I love snow too. And I am a strange Alaskan creature too- probably because you raised me! But how I love the snow. And right now? In Utah? Yeah, it's cold, but it is NOT SNOWY. It puts me in a bad mood. Of course all these people hate the winter!

    And I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everybody hates the winter, just those that don't take advantage! There's snow in the mountains! Let's go snowboarding!

    PS, isn't kayaking fun??? We'll probably have one one day. Not too expensive and I have really liked all my kayaking experience- on the ocean in Mexico fishing, and the lake near the Oregon Coast dodging boats, airplanes, and dreaming about owning a house on a lake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous! I want snow! I also need to figure out how to make it so that Ry and I post/comment separately so it's not too confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture! We got our first snowfall today. It was pretty pathetic because the green grass still shows. The kids wanted to wear their boots anyway.

    ReplyDelete