Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weird Science

Does anyone have a lava lamp these days....... other than me?

This one turns on every day during the winter. Takes about an hour to heat up enough to be fluid, making the translucent balls of goo that float up when heated and sink down when cooled.
 
It is an interesting process. The lamp is at the bottom and as the goo begins to warm it forms a dome. Then all of a sudden the warmer stuff inside the dome erupts out shooting to the top of the glass, then solidifies again in a most weird formation.

I find the formation fascinating.
And in a way, disgusting. It looks like an alien embryo perhaps.
Or Julie's gall bladder.

Have I shown you that?
Quite interesting...



My interests and occupations can be quite sophisticated (it is apparent no doubt) and .... well,
I thought I'd share.

2 comments: