Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Twenty Nine Blissfully Mine

October 17, 2009
I have been married to the love of my life, my best friend and the person with whom I would rather be, for Twenty Nine blissful years. From time to time, in my quiet time, I think back to the miracle of our marriage. Back to the day I asked Julie to marry me. I marvel. I truly marvel at the events of that summer in 1980 leading to the day, August 8th when I scared myself and shocked Julie with a proposal that would change my life forever for the better. I still cannot understand why I thought I could ask and even more baffling is that she, this wonderful, gorgeous woman would consent to marry me. In my fright upon asking her the big question, the question that came to me just a minute before she left that night, I stopped her from answering then. What would she say? I couldn't believe I was actually asking her to marry. To marry ME! You know, she never did say yes to my proposal, yet from that moment we knew we were to marry. We started planning from that time. How? How? How did that happen? Gratefully, though she never did answer me she did say "yes" to the question asked of her as we knelt, dressed in white, across the alter from each other in the Idaho Falls Temple.

My beautiful Julie. How you have changed my life. I am so much a better person because of you my Dear. Thank you for 29 years of joy, sadness at times, worry at others but above it all... happiness, contentment and love. I will forever, always, remember our hug that momentous August night just before you got in your car to go home. A hug never felt so good, so warm, so right. Have I ever told you how nervous I was? How unsure I was? How afraid.... to kiss you? I asked you to marry me yet I couldn't get up the nerve to kiss you. Can you believe that? I was way over my head. I don't even remember our subsequent first kiss (I know we had one, it began our life of sweet, soft kisses), but I'll never, ever forget that first time I held you in my arms. Thank you Sweetheart for Twenty Nine Blissfully Mine. I love you.








Julie's parents- Don and Georgia Rogers


Eight boys I grew up with in Anchorage were able to be at our wedding.
Gordon Dean, Lance Pettijohn, Rick Owen, Guy Hudson(kneeling), Brad, Jay Marquiss, Clark Wolverton, Darryl Welling, Doug Kenley.







My family, minus Dad.

Julie loves crab.
The poor little creatures are her favorite meal.
We celebrate our anniversary each year by dining at
The Sea Galley, eating crab.





There are a lot of crab still in the sea.
Let's do this again a year from now and forever, whadda ya say?

4 comments:

  1. Aww...so sweet! I loved it! You guys are so cute. I loved all the pictures- what fun! Thanks for being my awesome parents- what would we do without you!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously,
    You are a darling couple. thanks for the inspiration... beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad and Julie congrats on your beautiful new grandbaby and happy belated anniversary. there is not alot of us left around here we celebrated our 22nd this year. miss seeing you guys but your mom and dad (julie) keep me posted. Tell your daughter and son in law i said congradulations and enjoy they grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a precious post. I totally remember that day - I was - and am - so happy for both of you. You're right, Brad, you're a lucky man... and Julie is lucky too. It's an indescribably wonderful and fortunate state to be cherished and adored by a wonderful, righteous man. I know this from experience!!! It is also such an amazing gift to your children to have parents who love each other and are always there to support and love them. I'm proud of both of you.

    ReplyDelete